Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Parents Do on Vacation

Well, Tucked In parents anyways.

We go to theme parks and take these pictures.


We skip picture opportunities with a Marilyn Monroe lookalike so we can capture the real girl of the hour:

We ride bikes with two seats because we don't feel quite right riding independently.


We eat fish because three children hate fish at home (frozen fish sticks excluded).


We laugh at each other a lot and do NOT get defensive. Real Gil had me cracking up over this sweater.

"Would you be mine? Won't you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?"

And I had him laughing at my continued persistence to order Pumpkin Raviolis even though I have yet to be satisfied with them. I've officially given up and am now ordering anything with butternut squash. Pumpkins are out, squash is in.



We return home ready to hold and snuggle and wrap up little excited bodies, even though all they want is the Ring Pops we carry.

And now, twenty-four hours later...we are doing what us parents do best. (At least Tucked In parents)

Planning the next getaway.

No comments: