Monday, August 2, 2010

Rogue Lamp

I'm pretty sure it's ugly. Everyone who has seen it tries not to laugh. That's okay.

Because I know a good thing when I see it.

That's why I tight-rolled my pleated pants. And wore mismatched tube socks in middle school. Wish I knew how to scan old pictures so I could show you the proof. Or maybe I'm glad I can't.

Check out this lamp pioneer:


Purchased for a fraction of the cost of...prettier lamps.

That didn't help me much when I carried it into the house. Real Gil couldn't believe I spent any money on it. Poor man, he's stuck with odd lamps.

The great thing about Real Gil, though, is he is thrifty. So, if you spend any money on anything, it stays. Because that's what a good steward does.

So, the lamp sits. Right next to the ugly remote control.

And like tight-rolled pants, it's making a statement. I'm just not sure everyone else is hearing what I'm hearing.



No comments: