Friday, August 27, 2010

Preschool Dropouts

As we are away "camping" this week, there's only a few links for you this week. The ole computer isn't invited. But for the record, the hairdryer is, thank you very much.

May your weekend be filled with Jesus, plain and simple.
  • When I first traveled to Indiana to meet some of Real Gil's family, his dear little Grandma sat us all down at the kitchen table and asked us to go around the circle and say our favorite Bible memory verse. I knew this was a ploy to figure out if her grandson had brought a good Bible girl home from college. But I resented the coercion...at first, I was really tempted to pick Deuteronomy 25:11-12, but for three reasons, I did not: I loved Real Gil, I am a wimp, and I wasn't sure I had the numbers and words right. (If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.) I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in the will if I had done it...I'm not sure we're in the will anyways. This link, though, is on the topic of "life verses" wherein Christians ask one another what their favorite passages of Scripture are. It's funny! By the way, my answer to Grandma Wilma was Galatians 2:20, and today, I would answer the same.
  • I am having so much fun with second grade! I've even informed Punkin that school is for Mom, not her. Teaching preschool, however, is a whole other can of worms. I'm pretty sure I'm a preschool dropout, and unless I get the ball rolling, my children will be too. This link had some great reading suggestions for little ones. If you are searching for good books, check this gal's list out.
  • On a more serious note, I'm burdened for others in raw pain. As hard as it is to look, we can only give food and drink to the least by seeing them first. Praying for them, for the saints who comfort them, for us that we will move as He directs us.
Resting in Him,
Karen

No comments: