Friday, April 23, 2010

Read THIS!!!

I have the best links for you this Friday, EVER.

Do you want to know why?

Because they tell a TRUE story, one that our family has watched closely, then from a distance, as it has unfolded in a way that only God could design.

It was 6 and a half years ago when a fellow mom and my dear sister in Christ started this journey. The telling of it is not over, I know, but the most recent chapter has me on my knees, somewhere I have been many times when I think of Tammy. Only this time, it is in thanksgiving, not supplication.

Will you take the time to follow this link from Tammy by clicking here, and then if you want another perspective, here's the story from the perspective of her sister-in-law, Cameo?

Might we all be willing to go to the "shadows of the valley" (Psalm 23) so that God might reveal His unmeasurable love in the hopeless moments. After reading this, I laugh at that word: hopeless? Ha! As Philip Yancey says, hope is believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse. I'm loving the reverse tonight! Thank you, Tammy, for the endurance all these years, for THIS moment.

Many blessings to you all this weekend.

Resting in Him,
Karen

2 comments:

Alicia Eastvold said...

Thanks for sharing this one, Karen. What an amazing story of hope regardless of the circumstances. God is going to use your friend Tammy greatly in this.

WildCrazy said...

love you, Karen. Thank you for walking it with us.