Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Stumble-Upons

Sacred Sandwich has some funny stuff this week. I could hardly pick one...


Since I haven't done this in a while, I thought I'd share some of my favorite articles and blog posts that I have stumbled upon lately. If any of these topics interest you, happy reading.

  • A fascinating story of genuine foot-washing. Learning to be a servant of all can't get any more authentic than this.
  • A funny girl, this Rachel Held Evans, who is taking the Old Testament biblical "womanhood" challenge literally for the next year. She has even pitched a tent in the backyard for when she is on her period and is considered "unclean" by ancient Hebrew standards. I can't help my curiosity!
  • I love these custom-made tiles. There is nowhere in my house for them, but perhaps you want my help in picking some for your house. [stage whisper: call me!]
  • Every once in a while, I spend a few minutes here...reading, praying, and thanking. You can click on the year and month to read specific stories...
  • Hillary had a great table on her blog comparing Authoritarian Parenting versus Authoritative Parenting. I encourage you to read it not so you feel more pressure to parent in a certain way or to try harder, but to see that the only way to really parent perfectly is to let Christ do it through you. Evidence that you are abiding in His strength will be seen in authoritative parenting, I believe. I trust in this - that I can allow Him who gives us victory in each day do what He does best - living His life of victory in our parenting.
  • A wonderful friend of mine is a missionary in Japan. She inspires me in so many ways. In this blog post, she ponders not who, but whose we are...
  • This girl defines DIY. Check out her painter's ladder shelf.
  • Love is actually good for our health! And perfect love casts out fear. I'm going with it.
  • The hands and feet of God at work. The pictures say it all.
Resting in His Grace,
Karen

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love the Quivering Daughters link on Authoritative parenting! I often struggle with the balance of grace of and laws in parenting. Thank you for sharing!