Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ditching

Why I could not blog yesterday...

I was trying to keep up with this little guy.


I was trying to educate Sugs.


I was trying to encourage Punkin.



And when I was done trying, Real Gil got me to ditch the schedules and consistent routines and ambitious lesson plans. Before I knew it, I was packing a picnic and he was tying shoelaces.

So, when you wonder how rigorous the Berger Academy is, just know that we ditched. No demerits or detentions can keep us down, when the mountains and good weather and Real Gil spur us up and out.

I know homeschooling is not for everyone. I'm not sure it's for us for much longer. But for now, I am thankful for the chance to choose, today, whether we opened the books, or closed them.


Three hours later, we deemed it a successful school day - only one child fell into the river, two geocaches went undiscovered (despite our long searches), countless ants enjoyed our picnic crumbs, and hours of gravity lessons were taught creekside with rocks, sticks, and anything that could possibly get Papa wet.


Resting in the Freedom to Be Spontaneous (or not - whichever calls you today!),
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! ~Jessica