Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot Sun, Good AC, Fun Links

It's been a few weeks since I have spent any notable amount of time reading online. So, I'm trying to make it up to you this Friday with lots of great links. Happy weekend to you and yours!

Resting in His Strength,
Karen

  • The "simple" life can mean a lot of different things...a humorous article on rural life in America.
  • Contrast that with this fascinating blog which documents a teenager's conversion and transition into the Amish community.
  • This one is a doozy. I debated whether or not to put it up, but it definitely has me thinking, thanking God for my own upbringing, and resting in His faithfulness to my children in spite of all their parents' mistakes...Please try to look past some of her sweeping generalizations and I think you'll find many truths in this article, if you decide to read it.
  • Some free stuff for all you elementary homeschool folks.
  • Something I am definitely planning on reading...we need all the help we can get around here with girls.
  • A follow-up visit from Diane Sawyer with a happy ending.
  • An inspiring story that reminds me why child sponsorship is a blessing to the giver and the gifted. Each night, my kids pray for "little Jeannie in A-fica, and her goat too." What a gift she has become to our family, thanks to Compassion's work.

No comments: