Here are some links I've enjoyed lately. They are a bit dated as I haven't been reading much online these days, but I think you will still find some treasures in here somewhere.
- The coolest homemade clock! I gotta make one of these.
- I'm sure you've seen Layla's website; she posted some of her favorite videos from the year and I loved watching these.
- I was supposed to show you all this BEFORE Valentine's Day, but maybe we can all get a head start on it for next year. Isn't this the cutest?!
- And then, there's this flower tutorial - one of these days I'm going to do more than just read the tutorials...
- And how about this cherry blossom display? Susie Harris made this with fake flowers and real sticks, which is a pretty good compromise in my book.
- The only thing that says spring in my house is the cleaning supplies. It might be time to add something like this - the cutest table centerpiece. If Cathe Holden was my neighbor, I'd be baking whatever it took to get my hands on one of these.
- Not everything I read is as materialistic as the above links. Every once in a while, I get enough brain power to read (instead of scroll) an article. One that I had to pass on was "The 'Yes' Face" over at thatmom.com. It's okay - no, even good - to say "No" to our children, but when it's harmless (but perhaps taxing), I want to give an emphatic "Yes!"
- New to me, Miss Shauna, but her words were good. Let us mothers celebrate our children - and say "Yes!" to them - but do so in ways that are sensitive to those around us who are seeking to find that the Now is enough.
- I found this article tracking college student learning to be somewhat true of my own college education. And it's made me reconsider the approach to education as a whole. Is it just another hoop we jump through? Or is it authentic learning? And is my education at home any different?
- I have a cousin who married this girl...doesn't that sound like I'm about to tell a lie?... Anyways, her name is Jessica and she clips coupons...so she can give it all away! One of my goals for the year is to learn how to do the coupon thing so I can join her on this mission.
Resting in Him,